To Team or Not to Team

 

Team or no team, this week we look at the idea of working in teams and what would be are best fit. Working in teams has a great advantage but it also has many Factor that may change the whole team upside down. The activities we did this week also showed us who be a good team leader and who be the shy or unreliable person in the group and meaby we should go with another person. So, it open are eyes to what a team can do together and what could happen.

We did an activity called lost at sea and we worked in groups of 4 there were two people in this group that where team leaders, then there was another person that just  gave their opinion on what we had to say then last we had the shy one that talked very little but was not completely distant. So, working with the team leader got a smooth and fast workflow but working with the other two it felt slower and less responsive and lack of communication. In the article the effect of personality type on team performance. They talk about how teams can be great but also have there down sides such as if one person has a problem or is down mentally or physically then it will bring the whole team down mentally more or less than physically but will slow down productivity and over all work performance.

For the social media activity, I did not have a social media account, so I did my research on Elon musk. Elon musk is not someone that has a consistent upload schedule he has no pattern he is very mysterious. So if I had to choose Elon musk to be a partner or a team I don’t think id choose him cause I cant find anything about him or have a reliable person know I’m pretty sure most of us know who Elon musk his and his successes but if I had no idea who this person was and it’s just first glance then I would have my decision of not choosing him. In team building and group dynamics Becka says “Her vision involved stabilizing a culture of trust, collaboration, and accountability--one that would resonate beyond just her direct reports.” This is a good addon on the Elon musk being unreliable she wanted to not have any form oh that on her projects and wanted to change the way we see that.

So, for my portfolio or project I will not be working in a team or have a partner and here why. The people in my class are friendly, but I feel as some would be unreliable. Furthermore, I hoping to do an animated film which does require a bit of skill that I do not believe many of the people in my class have a skill or idea so a partner would be more dreading  having to teach them or such which is possible but takes to much time that could be spent other where on the project.

Comments

Popular Posts